Monday, February 1, 2010

cox cable finally gets their man


After three years of getting free cable the jig is up. Fortunately this coincides with the installation of Direct TV at the pool hall (which will henceforth be referred to as The Palo)and I won't miss much in the way of NBA playoff action and the valuable insights Charles Barkley spins on TNT. Cox cable can't be the sole patsy for this whole blog thingy though. It actually started when I woke up this morning and realized I threw my back out while playing with Droan last night. Being thirty is funny. The day got better when I checked the mail and received a belated birthday package from one of my oldest and bestest friends. The letter he wrote made me a bit teary-eyed and reminded me of the the ways in which time and distance are rendered somewhat meaningless. Perhaps this can be a way to let my friends know why I don't write or call as often as I should, even if the blogging forum feels a little cold. I also figured this might be a somewhat creative way to deal with the stress and terror of opening a pool hall...yeah right. I'm going to be a head case for the foreseeable future, believe that.
This picture from a couple of Sundays ago made me smile. It was taken the morning after a Holopaw show in St. Augustine. Satchel let us crash at his beach house, we drank and Matt did a great Dorf routine.
I'll try and make this more interesting, I swear, I'm just getting my feet wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment